Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!




It's that time of year again when I have to dig up my ear plugs. Despite the noise and the fireworks, I sure do love to celebrate America. Every day we keep our troops in our hearts and in our prayers. They serve our country and protect the liberties we enjoy. America's Independence Day is a great day to really shout our support and our thanks from the rooftops. Thank you to all our Armed Services stationed all over the world, thank you for fighting for our freedom.

While everyone's eating their hot dogs and hamburgers, corn and potato salad, we should just take a second to remember how lucky we are to live here. With all the debate about what is best for our country, I still believe that just about everyone is pretty darned glad to be here. Leave the arguing to the pundits and just get out there and celebrate the absolute best part of this country which is all of us.

It's been a little crazy around here these past few weeks. Those ugly suitcases were out again as Meme got ready to head up to New England for her pretty important high school reunion! I was left here alone with Poppy which would have been okay except next thing I knew his suitcases came out and he disappeared, too ... something about a grandson graduating from high school. Big woop.

I thought "uh oh!" ... now there's nobody here. That's just a little more independent than I ever want to be! So our good friends and neighbors came and got me and took me to their house where I stayed during the day. I can't even imagine what would happen to me without them! They brought me back here at night because they already have two dogs and I'm the odd girl out. I like my own house better at night anyway, but just so everyone understood that I was not happy with the situation I made a little deposit in the house a couple of times ... nothing really major, mind you, but just enough so they would get the message. Boy did I get an earful about that when Meme came home! But how else can I let them know that these little disappearances just aren't acceptable???

Everyone's back home now and life is as it should be. If we could just block out all the bad news, we wouldn't have a care in the world. But a day doesn't go by that there isn't something happening that gets Meme all upset. She's usually pretty optimistic, but there are days it catches up with her and she says she's down in the dumps. I try to cheer her up with my cute, funny face but it doesn't always work.

Still, it's time to look forward. We've got our trip all planned in a couple of months. We're all getting in the car together which is my absolute favorite. Yup! It's back to Cape Cod for a few weeks ... yay!!! What I love is I know that it's just me, them and the open road. It's a time for McDonald's fries and overnights with friends and families. This time we're staying in nicer hotels; more "upscale" Meme says because she was miserable at the Comfort Inn last year. So it's Hampton Inns for us!!! By the time we're back home it will be fall and we can open all the doors again.

And anyone who knows me knows how I feel about open doors. I look for them everywhere ... nothing but good on the other side.

Happy 4th of July!

'Til next time ....

Molly

No comments: