Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Week Bites The Dust

And I'm singing "Oh What A Beautiful Morning"


Meme says she can't believe where the times goes sometimes. I say, what's "time"? Makes no sense to me. I get up, I eat, I get hugs and kisses, wait for some action around the house, go for walks, eat some more, get more hugs and kisses, lie down for some sleep, get woken for "one last pee", get my favorite treat of the day and then we all lie on the bed with our eyes closed and it's very dark, then it gets light and it starts all over again. It's good!


So this "time" thing makes no sense to me. The other day Meme read that dreams only last 2 or 3 seconds. And that got her to thinking (I KNOW!!! ... dangerous). So first thing in the morning, the minute Poppy opened his eyes, she started babbling. That's not my word, that's his. He says sometimes she babbles a mile a minute and he can't keep up. He says "Hey!!! Slow down a second ... I can't keep up!" Then she says "I can't help it if my brain works faster than yours!" and everybody laughs.


Anyway ... she started thinking and talking about "time". And I need to tell you that when she gets on a roll about something, there is just no stopping her. She told Poppy about this dream thing and how they're only 2 or 3 seconds long. Poppy said no way!!! His dreams are sometimes very long!


She said "no", they're not. It's a perception. So now she's decided time is all a perception and there's no such thing. Somewhere along the way someone decided to call time seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, but if time were real, then why does it suddenly "speed up" the older we get??? .... Or slow down when we're doing something we hate like waiting in a doctor's office. Meme said if all time went as slow as sitting in a waiting room, it would be like living forever (but pretty boring I would think ... they have very old, boring magazines, like GOLF magazine. Who ever heard of that except in the doctor's waiting room?). Woofs!!! Sorry! I'm getting away from myself!!!


I haven't noticed this phenomenon myself that much, but I'm only 7. As you know, I'm a dog and life is just life and I live it. Besides, Meme told me that dogs have no conception of time which may explain why I don't know what she's talking about.


So just when you would think time would slow down, when you stop going to work and being so busy all the time, suddenly the hours and days fly by so fast that a week is gone and you almost feel you missed it.


Meme says it's not fair. She's finally at a time in her life where she is perfectly content. She wants to savor every second, hold onto every moment and yet time is moving along at breakneck speed and she knows in her heart that there's less time left than has gone before.
So another week bites the dust. Another week she'll never see again. As each day comes she opens her eyes in the morning and says "Hello, Day! It's good to see you. Hello, Sun! You've come around again as you always do".


Every day is so special. Every single day holds so much hope. The opportunities of every day are limitless. It's like a flower opening and the more it opens, the more wonder appears inside. For me it's like sniffing ... the more I burrow my nose in the grass, the better the smell gets. We wake up and we think of all we can do and even when we don't do it all, at least we know we can.
Days are good. If we live every day, one at a time, maybe we can enjoy this "time" thing more. Never rush a day, never hurry to the next, enjoy each one and be glad for it. It will not come again; we won't get a chance to live it again.


So live it well. Have a good week. 'Til next time .....


Molly

No comments: