Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy "Meme's" Day!!!

It's Mother's Day, but you knew that. Every year around this time Meme starts thinking about mothers and motherhood. She's not one, you know. Well she is ... kinda, sorta. She's got stepchildren, but they have a mother. She has grandchildren who always remember her on Mother's Day and send nice presents.

And she's got me for heaven's sake! She's my Meme and that means Mother to me!!! I call her Meme because she would always call me saying "Molly! Come to Me!" So I thought that was her name. I could have called her Mom if I'd only known how badly she wanted to be one.

Anyway, then she has nephews and nieces who she loves so much. But still ... what she always says is she's not a "real" mother and that's what she wanted so badly ... so much sometimes it hurts. But as she says all the time, you can't go through this life getting everything you want and she has so much to be grateful for on this day and every day.

Still, she's no fan of Mother's Day. But she has lots of really good friends who she says are the greatest mothers in all the world. And on this day to honor our mothers, she honors all those friends. She hopes that on this day while we honor our mother, those of us fortunate enough to be mothers remember what a blessing it is to bring new life into this world.

As you know I'm adopted and I honor my Meme and Poppy every single day. I want to wish all the Mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day. Rejoice in your children and be glad for them ... even when they mess up a little.

'Til next time!

Molly

No comments: