Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Trouble's Afoot

I'm depressed.

I always know when we've got trouble and we've got it now. The suitcase is out and stuff is being tossed into it. This is not a good sign. Since there's just the one suitcase, and judging by it's color, it means Meme is going away for awhile and that is not good news at all.

You may have read somewhere that dogs have no concept of time and Meme is always telling me that. And maybe we don't, but what we know for sure is we like things the way they are supposed to be. And Meme and Poppy are supposed to be here all the time. I don't mind if they go out for dinner or something like that because they always bring me back a special treat.

But when that suitcase rolls out the door I know that things just won't be right until it rolls back in. Poppy will behere with me and he really is my favorite (don't tell Meme), but I need her here, too. She's the one who walks me early in the morning and the last thing at night. She's the one who laughs the most and makes everything just seem more fun. And she's the one who usually feeds me.

So Poppy will do all that and take care of me and I'll keep him company. He needs company a lot so I'm happy to do it. But things just aren't going to be right around here until that suitcase comes rolling back in the door. I'll pretty much wait here until it does.

Sometimes Poppy takes me to the airport when he meets Meme and I go spastic with squeals and kisses all over her. Sure hope that happens this time.

The only good thing about Meme going away is Meme coming home. Thought I should tell you all that because we won't be writing until late next week. I'm sure she'll be fired up about something when she gets back ... we can pretty much count on it!

'Til next time.

Molly









Copyright HBS 2008

No comments: